Every time we have a family gathering eg. Christmas or more recently my mum’s 80th birthday, I make these tasty tartlets. I’m lucky enough to have a Thermomix so I make my own onion jam, but I’m sure good quality onion jam/relish can be purchased. You can find the pastry cases in either Thomas Dux or Harris Farm. Enjoy.
- Onion Jam
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 24 mini pastry cases
- Goat’s Cheese, crumbled (I use Meredith Dairy – Chèvre (not marinated), Mainland or Soignon – just not feta)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C,
- Place pastry cases onto a baking tray and put a small amount of onion jam into each of the pastry cases then spoon some cheese over the onion. Don’t overfill as you need to have enough room for the cream mixture.
- Combine the eggs with the cream, add thyme, season then pour into the pastry cases.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until puffed and golden, remove from the oven.
- Leave for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. They can be made a day in advance and re-heated in a slow oven for 10 minutes.
They are delicious with a glass of Champagne – but that’s just me. Let me know if you have any questions. If you make them I would love to know what you think.
Love Chris ♥
I love Goats cheese and I love tarts, so this sound Awesome.
I will be expecting them next connect group 😉
When I say expecting I mean, would love or appreciate them…. but not absolutely required or deserving of.
Thanks Nelson. If it means you guys come along to Connect, I’ll definitely make them xx
These look divine! Will definitely give these a try next time I’m entertaining!
Thanks Sammie, they are so easy to make and I’m sure you will enjoy them with a wee glass of champagne!!
What’s not to love about these – goats cheese, onion jam and pastry. Heaven. Especially with a glass of champagne.
Thanks Nancy – they really are very tasty with a glass of champagne, but then isn’t anything haha. Thanks by stopping by. Love Chris xx
Oh I love goats cheese! We bought some at a farmers market on the weekend so I think I’ll have to make these gorgeous little things! They sound delicious (especially with the onion jam).
Thanks Lucy, I appreciate your comment. I love farmers markets – we have a local one (The Beaches Markets) every Friday and a couple of weekends ago we were at Mudgee (my first time) and went to their local farmers market, and I bought lots!! Enjoy your weekend. X Chris xx
Yum, Yum, YUM! thanks for sharing, I will be sure to make these little babies! Liz xx
They really are very yummy Liz, feel free to share them. x Chris xx