This is a great time of year to pack a picnic dinner and go somewhere to watch the sunset. It doesn’t necessarily have to be over the busy holiday season when most dads are on holidays, we have often gone after Geoff’s come home from work. Nice way for a dad to relax after a busy day. Our favourite spot is the Pittwater side of Palm Beach. There are gas BBQ’s ready to go. Another great place on the Northern Beaches is Narrabeen Lake, we’ve seen some beautiful sunsets there.
Here is all you need to take to make it easy (OK, the list looks pretty long but it’s worth it, I promise):
- Bread rolls
- Pre-made hamburger meat patties from supermarket (or you can make your own)
- Tomato/BBQ sauce
- Tomatoes (already sliced)
- Cheese slices (pop them on the cooked side of the pattie and they just melt)
- Disposable plates
- Paper towels
- Oil to wipe down BBQ
- Drinks – nice bottle of wine for us and I even take wine glasses wrapped in a tea towel (no plastic glasses here thank you)
- Picnic rug – just in case the seats are taken
You only need to get there at around 6pm. I’ve included a photo from years ago. We will definitely be doing it again sometime this summer. I’m always writing about the family and this is a great way to spend quality time together. There is something special about a sunset and cooking outdoors.
Let me know of some other places that I can include as well.
Enjoy summer – I’m already loving it. We even went for a swim on Christmas Day, before our family lunch with 15 of us. So much fun!!
Love Chris ♥