Every time we have a family gathering eg. Christmas or more recently my mum’s 80th birthday, I make these tasty tartlets. I’m lucky enough to have a Thermomix so I make my own onion jam, but I’m sure good quality onion jam/relish can be purchased. You can find the pastry cases in either Thomas Dux or Harris Farm. Enjoy.
- Onion Jam
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 24 mini pastry cases
- Goat’s Cheese, crumbled (I use Meredith Dairy – Chèvre (not marinated), Mainland or Soignon – just not feta)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C,
- Place pastry cases onto a baking tray and put a small amount of onion jam into each of the pastry cases then spoon some cheese over the onion. Don’t overfill as you need to have enough room for the cream mixture.
- Combine the eggs with the cream, add thyme, season then pour into the pastry cases.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until puffed and golden, remove from the oven.
- Leave for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. They can be made a day in advance and re-heated in a slow oven for 10 minutes.
They are delicious with a glass of Champagne – but that’s just me. Let me know if you have any questions. If you make them I would love to know what you think.
Love Chris ♥